The curtain has been drawn on global fashion weeks and now there is finally the time to indulge in the fabled R word – relaxation. The wham, bam, thank you Stam pace of the fashion calendar is a force to be reckoned with and in the hustle bustle a great deal can get lost. How can one really pay close attention to the intricacies of fashion when there is a new development every few minutes? Even the most dedicated and diligent follower needs a breather every now and then. With the collections through and a meditative state of mind upon us what better time to appreciate the season’s best music.
The F/W 09 musical variety was eclectic, there were some old favorites – a few new iPod worthy bands and a decidedly languid vibe. Though every show is set to a song tailored to it’s niche – a Sonic Youth spinoff for Rodarte’s neo grunge knits and a cinematic ode to mayhem for Galliano’s high drama ready to wear – the overall mood is just right for R&R. Besides, we all need something to play in the background as we browse through the endless array of runway pictures.
01. RODARTE | THE CICCONE YOUTH – INTO THE GROOVEY
02. MARC JACOBS | SPINNERETTE – VALIUM KNIGHTS
03. PROENZA SCHOULER | THE COCTEAU TWINS – GARLANDS
04. RAD HOURANI | SUICIDE – GHOST RIDER
05. STELLA MCCARTNEY |THE BEATLES – THE LONG AND WINDING ROAD
06. JOHN GALLIANO | HANS ZIMMER – WHY SO SERIOUS?
07. CHRISITAN LACROIX | THE VITAMIN STRING QUARTET – LITHIUM
08. JASON WU | NICK DRAKE – CELLO SONG
09. NINA RICCI | MAX RICHTER – ICONOGRAPHY